TAKING CHARGE - COMPETENCY SELF-ASSESSMENT
When it comes to your professional competencies, it's important to know your own strengths and areas for potential growth. Taking Charge is a free online tool that supports you to self-assess your current level of mastery and compare this to your desired level of mastery as a basis for building self-awareness and informing your professional development planning.
- Individual Career Development Professionals (CDPs): Use Taking Charge at any point on your career journey to support reflection and professional growth. Once completed, a customized report will be automatically generated that identifies your strengths and skill gaps to inform your learning plan.
- Organizations & Governments Employing/Funding CDPs: Use Taking Charge to gauge the competency strengths and gaps across your agency/jurisdiction to assess capacity and inform training plans. Customization of desired mastery levels can ensure your report is tailored to your priorities and realities.
If you work in education and are keen to strengthen your capacity to support youth with their career development, some or all of these micro-credentials might be for you!
- The K-12 Teacher as Career Influencer: is for any classroom educator wanting to understand modern approaches to career development in the context of a dynamic and complex work world.
- Career Development & Mental Health Connections: addresses the connections between career education and mental health outcomes. This module shows how integrating career development into education can bolster students' mental health.
- Teaching Career Curricula in Canadian Schools: is intended to support educators who are currently teaching or would like to deliver mandated career curricula in their province or territory.
If you are interested in offering these micro-credentials through your institution/association or want more information, please contact email@example.com.