The project was funded by the Government of Canada's Sectoral Initiatives Program, fueled by over 5,000 volunteer hours from hundreds of Career Development Professionals (CDPs) and subject matter experts, and coordinated and managed by the Canadian Career Development Foundation.
The Supporting Canadians to Navigate Learning and Work project resulted in the following bilingual assets:
- A new definition of Career Development Professional
- The Pan-Canadian Competency Framework for Career Development Professionals
- The National Competency Profile for Career Development Professionals
- The Code of Ethics for Career Development Professionals
- A piloted national certification program that includes a robust exam, a performance assessment tool, and supplementary study guide
- Three micro-credentials